Welcome to the Slimmers' Boot Camp.



The blog that's determined to get you down to your healthy weight and keep you there, because you ARE what you eat and food is really NOT your enemy.

Survival strategies for food addicts who want to make their weight loss permanent.

Kiss goodbye to yo-yo you!

Find us on Twitter @shrinkmeister, on LinkedIn at the Executive Slimmers! group, and on Facebook at Formerly Fat Freddy's Slimmers' Boot Camp

Dieting discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice, You should always consult your medical practitioner before embarking on or amending any dieting programme, and you should stay within any guidelines or other parameters he advises.

Monday 6 December 2010

Formerly Fat Freddy Kicks Open The Door and Bids You Welcome!

It's been a long time coming but we're here at last.

The Slimmer's Boot Camp is open for everyone who's serious about losing weight, and the first one to sign up is Freddy himself. Because, truth to tell, we're not quite Formerly Fat yet.......but we're getting there!

Point of fact, I'm a stonking 124 lbs too heavy right now, 6th December. So how have I got anything to say worth hearing?

Well, just 134 days ago, I was an eye-watering, knee-cracking 100lbs heavier than I am today! I was  224 lbs too heavy. That's 16 incredibly flabby stones of unnecessary fat being hauled around by me, everywhere I went. Two hundredweight! That's two old-fashioned sacks of coal. Imagine it as bags of sugar on a supermarket shelf! If it was lying on the floor in front of me, I sure as hell couldn't begin to pick it up. How could I have done it to myself - and my family? Well, I did. I suspect you did too. That's why you're here!

When I get on the scales in the morning, as of today, there's 100 lbs gone in 134 days and my doctor says I'm the healthiest he's seen me in years. And it's going to get even better.

I'm on my way right down non-stop to a fighting 173, and, believe me, I've learned a lot of stuff over these last 100 lbs.

I'll be talking about it here and sharing the sort of straightforward simple survival strategies I've devised that I know have saved my life, and can change yours for the better - and change it forever.

I'll certainly not be yelling at you to drop weight at the speed I am. We each make our own decisions about the diets we choose - but it helps if these are informed decisions, so we know and understand why we're going this route instead of that one. The Boot Camp is really more about making sure you're giving your chosen diet the best chance of success, and especially it's about making sure we none of us fall into the dumb trap of piling all that lost weight back on again as soon as we lift our foot from the pedal.

Let's own up. We've all done it - I've done it, big style. Twelve years ago, I went from 313 lbs to a very comfortable 173. Then I allowed myself to get arrogant and cocky, forgot all the rules and the promises I'd made to myself (and my loved ones) and slowly let the thing climb back up again, way past that 313 to a scale-busting, and thoroughly disgusting, 397 lbs.

That was then but this is now. The past is indeed a different country and we do things differently now.

So, this is the first day out for this new blog, and I want you all to be part of it and share it as it grows. Feel free to participate, since your views, insight and experience will be of value to everyone who drops by. So take a moment and sign up to the Boot Camp, take advantage of the various feeds I'll be putting on (as soon as I work out how to make it all happen...), and feel free to email me direct at any time: I'll be pleased to hear from you. FormerlyFatFreddy-blog@yahoo.com will always find me.

Particularly, email me direct to be the first to get detailed news about the exciting fat-busting book I'm writing right now. Drop me a line, and I'll personally make sure that as soon as we get the publication day set, you hear everything you need to get your own pre-launch copy along with a unique early-bird free gift of the new Formerly Fat Freddy's Cookbook with a $18 value, that's going to be stuffed full of easy-to-cook delicious and healthy recipes that will make your weight-loss that much faster and make it permanent, so you can kiss goodbye to yo-yo you!

Just email your contact details with the words Book Offer in the title line to FormerlyFatFreddy-blog@yahoo.com and I'll personally make sure you're among the first to hear the good news.

I know we'll be talking again very soon!

Your old pal,

Fred

No comments:

Post a Comment